Instagram and its 12 under audience

Blog Post #2

 The version of Instagram meant for kids just kind of creates a gap, but a reasonable one that makes sense for the sake of appealing, privacy, and safety in different forms. Creating this app, doesn't stop anyone from accessing the main Instagram and lying about age still exists. Realistically the app does not do much in my opinion except reduce instead of completely shift over all the 12- audience. 

The Kids version of the Application is probably good in retrospect, but in actual usage probably would not be used too much or often at all for its practicality. So looking at it, Instagram Kids would be pretty odd and not really viable in my opinion. Looking at it more, it does not look like the app is really necessary and procced to just ban 12 and under users. 

I also had social medias before I was 13 because I lied of my age at the time, but with those social medias I didn't really do much. I had Instagram and that's it. I also had Discord but I have no clue because it more or less is a Communication thing during the time I used it. Using it was more for talking to friends and posting or sending random things to friends. Otherwise no personal information was spread from what I remember. 

Instagram for Kids(Youtube Thumbnail for "Instagram for Kids - Behind the News" by Behind the News)

I can say confidently I do not think mainstream social medias, especially ones like Instagram are not suitable to younger ages below the guidelines. There is explicit content and run ins with this type came when I had to make a new account and a friend had also run into this content immediately upon creating a new account. 

Social Media and age limits are completely fine for all reasons. When it comes to age limit is a protection for the same person it revokes access to. So it should be a thing implemented in all social medias for that same purpose.


Comments

Popular Posts